Pretty much all businesses are closed. Most of the gas stations are out of gas or only have premium gas left. It was just announced that LSU will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
I just heard that Grand Isle is experiencing 80 mph wind gusts already. I hope they fair OK. GI is the only wooded barrier island left on the Louisiana coast. The storm surge may be the worst thing for coastal areas and New Orleans. They predict it to flow into the city and Lake Pontchartrain and then the retreating waters will wash out to the gulf back over the city.
Bye for now, I'll be in touch soon.
A note from Gab and Seb below...
Kia Ora- That's how one is greeted in fair New Zealand,Seb and I have arrived after a night of broken sleep on the plane and now ajumbled day of information and decision making. There's so much to do hereand obviously so many beautiful places to see, so I'ts hard to know what todo first. I keep having to remind myself that we'll be here for a year.We've decided to delay any major decisions and go to the beach, on thenorthern tip of the north island, called Bay of Islands. It's a prime spot to swim with dolphins.We did take care of some business today, so we have a cell phone now thatrecieves calls free of charge for us, but we still have to load it withminutes, our number is ... you must dial 64 and drop the firstzero to call from the US.I don't have much to say as of yet, because we've been inside all day, but Ihope this finds all of you well and enjoying the last days of summer. We'llbe in touch.Cheers,Gabi & Seb
No comments:
Post a Comment